Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, newbie to HP image zone here. I pulled a photo in to print it. That went fine. Now when I open image zone that same pic pops up. I am done with that pic and wish to delete it from image zone but, not from my hard drive. I can't figure out how to do this. I've looked around in the help files of the program and, can't find it. It's not in an album or anything. I just simply pulled it in to do some minor editing and print but, now can't figure out how to stop it from showing in there again.

·
Trusted Advisor
21,439 Posts
I refuse to use HPIZ because of problems like this .. So I can't be any help.
I can help show you how to work without HPIZ with some freeware that's much better.
... depending on what editing you want to do.
But .. You'll have to do your own picture "organizing"
Interested ???

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
I don't think you can, though you could always put it into a new folder and ignore it. If your interested in a different picture organizer/editor try Picasa. It's easy and intuitive but has some great organizing features as well as some basic photo filters and editing features. Plus, it's free! :)
http://picasa.google.com/

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys thanks for your replies. Surely there is some way to do this. I was kinda hoping to have a minumum of programs installed for simplicity. I don't do a whole lot of complicated editing. I do like the fact that image zone can be easily set to print a 4x6 photo. Since I have an HP printer I dont know how much of the software I could uninstall if I wanted to go with something else like you guys suggest. If you think I'd be much better off with something else I'd be glad to hear your recommendations. The main things I do to photos are brighten up dark photos. I wanna be able to print 4x6 and, I like the zoom in and out feature. Also the ability to cut, copy, and paste( which i suppose is fairly standard) I'd also like to be able to create a collage. I've never done that but, it would be cool.

·
Trusted Advisor
21,439 Posts
I suggest Irfanview ... It's very popular here at TSG ... http://www.irfanview.com/

It'll do what you mentioned and a whole lot more.
You only need the ~1 MB program and not the all plugins.
This will basically replace M$ Image n Fax viewer as you default viewer ..
But it can also Edit, has several print options .. and two viewing options.
You will have to do you organizing manually ... but it was an organizer that got you in trouble in the first place.

I even use Irfanview to run my HP scanner/printer.

You can see a preview and some initial setup suggestions here ..
http://2noyb.home.insightbb.com/
It's a clean install and uninstall .. and holler if you have any more questions.

The collage request might require some other software ... it's a little tricky to do this in Irfanview.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
12voltguys said:
Hello all, newbie to HP image zone here. I pulled a photo in to print it. That went fine. Now when I open image zone that same pic pops up. I am done with that pic and wish to delete it from image zone but, not from my hard drive. I can't figure out how to do this. I've looked around in the help files of the program and, can't find it. It's not in an album or anything. I just simply pulled it in to do some minor editing and print but, now can't figure out how to stop it from showing in there again.
When you open image zone, there is a folder tree on the left, select a different folder and you won't be looking at that pic any more. All it is doing is opening where you last were instead of having to search. Some people might find this feature useful instead of always having to navigate to where they have their pictures.
It is not being stored as a duplicate. The picture is in one folder.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I did stumble upon that the other day. I think though that if you click that folder it will pop right back up. Is there a way to keep it from coming up automatically or, is it once you bring it in you have to basically delete it from the hard drive to accomplish this?

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
12voltguys said:
Thanks, I did stumble upon that the other day. I think though that if you click that folder it will pop right back up. Is there a way to keep it from coming up automatically or, is it once you bring it in you have to basically delete it from the hard drive to accomplish this?
Select a picture you do like then it will be the first thing you see when you open program.
If the picture bothers you that much then yes delete it.

·
Trusted Advisor
21,439 Posts
Your Problem is HP Image Zone.
Image Zone is an organizer and will take over your computer … If you let it.

Image Zone is NOT needed to print pictures .. View/Edit pictures .. or even run a HP scanner.
All this can be done with Windows XP and a better Image viewer than M$ Image n Fax viewer.

A picture file is no different than a Word/Works document .. a pdf document .. or other Data files …
So why do you need an organizer to manage just your pictures … Confuse you and slow down your computer ?

You will probably need Image zone installed to get the printer drivers and possibly the HP scanner Twain drivers …
But you Don’t have to use it.

If you really get into editing pictures .. You’ll need a better editing program than HPIZ anyway.
Since you said you’re a beginner .. I’d suggest you start learning how to use W-XP for pictures before you get addicted to HPIZ and develop some bad working habits.

IMHO ..
This starts with installing Irfanview To replace M$ Image n Fax viewer.. as your computer's default viewer.
It’s only a 1MB program … A clean install/un-install … It’s very fast … and it’s Free.
It’s also probably the most popular program here at TSG … So there’ll be no shortage of help with it.

You’ll also have to copy your pictures .. get them out of Image Zone ...
Place them in a folder somewhere … Do your own organizing ....
So you know where the pictures are … and aren’t Dependant on HPIZ ??

Are you interested ??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.