Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you change what method you use to download files. I was downloading audio files and then out of nowhere the windows media player started coming up when i clicked a download link and now i cant download audio. Thanks alot

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, but the problem is some sites , when you click on the link it goes to a different page and thn starts the download for you. Its then that i cant right click

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
what kind of download does it start??

Im not understanding something here....

1. you downloaded windows media player
2. now when you go to a site to download music ...
thats when it starts downloading automatically... even before you choose your song??

Please explain with more details?

Have you went to Win Media Player & checked your configuration settings?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it doesnt start downloading at all, it just goes to this screen that says windows media player. i click on a link and the window that says would you like to open this file from its current location or save it to disk doesnt come up. basically if i could get that back my problem would be solved.thanks

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
If im understanding you right.... you was attempting to download windows media player & never finished it?

well if thats all it is... find it & download it again.

ok reading your post again, it seems to be what you're trying to do & its not working.

Try to find the download thru an alternate location... copy & paste this to your browser if you can't click on it

http://download.cnet.com/downloads/...tag=srch&qt=Windows+Media+Player&cn=&ca=10001

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im not trying to download windows media player, i click on a audio link to download and a screen comes up that says window media player. It no longer asks me if i want to open file from current location or save to disk

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Im sorry... i am going to see if someone else can help you cause I just don't have an answer for you

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Thinking about this... I believe I would remove windows media player & reinstall .

be careful during setup as you reinstall not to default it.

Hope this helps
:confused:
Savvy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.