Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ..Grandmalyons here again ...I am running Windows 98 SE..Whenever I start up my computer or re-boot it .The default desktop always comes up ...Then I have to log off and go to my own ...What a pain...What can I do to have the desktop come up that I signed out on when I restart... I keep my system {house cleaned } and check for Viruses frequently as I am on line a lot ...

:confused:

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I only have one user. That would be me. I don't think what you want is possible. Unless you want all the other users to have access to your desktop at start. I think you have to log on or use the default desktop.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by grandmalyons
There are 3 users ...grandma ...shannonl ...and sterbob ..Now you can't log on to your own desktop ...because the users window doesn't come up until you click log off the unwanted desktop ...It "USED" to be that the users window came up as soon as you booted up ...You just clicked on your name ...put in your password and then"BODDA-BING...BODDA-BOOM" you were right where you wanted you be..NO MORE ...WHAT HAPPENED????I guess that someone must have clocked on cancel..Or some of the settings mush have gone on vacation ...LOL...Well anyways thanks so much for your input ... Although I really don't want to move 60 icons from the old desktop ... Happy New Year to you ...

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Happy New Year to you too.
I have been creating Identities since I laast responded and I don't know where your list went. I clicked cancel and still had the sign in list.

I don't want to advise you and make a mess. I hope someone who uses Identities comes along to give you a hand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.