Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I'm new to the forums, so here we go. I've been using a program called Deep Freeze distributed by Faronics. Up until now it has worked perfectly, protecting my computer from any problems with just a simple restart..

The problem is now, that recently it has stopped USB devices to stop functioning, namely USB flash drives, and other storage. I'm wondering if anyone has had enough experience with Deep Freeze to solve this dilema..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm possitive. The reason I know this, is I first Uninstalled the program completely, and tried various USB devices, they all worked fine. Then I installed the program, and the USB devices stopped functioning. They have power going to them, it just seems Deep Freeze won't let the computer Map them in My Computer.

Although I did try mapping them manually through Computer Management, but to no avail, it didn't work.

Also I might add, this has been tested with 2 computers, each having the same symptoms.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
I suggest contacting the tech support for the program and posing the question. You've identified the source of the problem, I suspect they're the only ones that can offer a solution. They might also not be aware that a bug was introduced and would be glad to hear about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.