Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have built myself a small database in access and I have three fields, "AMOUNT", "TAX" and "TOTAL". I would like to have a sum of these fields in my footer. The sums for the first two fields are easy but in my "TOTAL" field it reads "=Sum([AMOUNT+TAX])". I cant seem to get a sum for my "TOTAL" field, is it because I have a formula in this field? I thought the formula for my "TOTAL" field should be "=Sum([TAX])". This doesn't seem to work. Can someone help me with this.

thanx

·
Registered
106 Posts
OK, to simplify the names, let's call the fields Cost, Tax, and Retail

The totals are simply Sum([Cost]),Sum([Tax]),Sum([Retail]), or am I missing something here?

Also, though nothing to do with your question, the Retail field is redundant as it is calculable and therefore shouldn't really be kept in the DB.

Would you like to attach an example? Add a .txt extension to it, i.e. call it SomethingOrOther.mdb.txt so it gets through.

Ian

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is the database I was talking about. I have changed it a bit to suit my needs better but it is fundamentally the same. I have looked a little further and it doesnt seem that my calculations are going into the tables. Do you know why?

thanx again

Attachments

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Drafter

You don't need fields for GST and NET those are calculated fields and in fact you are not using them (from your table). Delete them from your table you'll see you don't need them.

What ever Gavornplat suggested works but I just wanted to let you know that you don't need those fields in your table.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.