Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Issue with sony handycam DCR-HC2OE.
I can transfer images in wmf format via USB cable to my hard disk using the supplied Picture Package software. Trouble is that I can’t transfer images via a firewire cable to the firewire port on my PC. The PC does not recognise the hardware (handycam). Un-installing the software then re-nstalling has not solved the issue. Flash player has been installed. The firewire connection worked previously on the same PC with the same handycam. System restore points unfortunately no longer exist for this time.
The operating system is windows XP.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I hope that your computer's firewall connector is well made and not a cheap one like on my PC. The metal split and allowed me to insert the cable upside down. That innocent mistake fried my miniDV camera. It still records, but its firewall port is dead. Upside down puts 30 volts on inputs designed for far less. Boom!

Otherwise, does your camera have a card/tape or mode switch that needs to be on tape to get the firewall working? My replacement miniDV camera (which now has a card) has that switch and it needs to be in the right mode.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.