Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How To Use Data Feeds? I should append my affiliate no. and SKU number of that product to 1 url link and I have 7000 product. How to do that in excell?

"Get The SKU for the product:
1. The SKU can be found in the first field of the datafeed
2. Copy the numeric value
3. Append the SKU found in the first field of the datafeed to this URL:

Let say SKU is [907624] and my No. is[1234567891011]
4. An example for our White Feather & Down Comforter (SKU 907624) is:
http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/statform?id=[SITE.CODE]&offerid=57189&bnid=889&subid=0&OSSKU=[SKU]
"
I have PC, win xp,excell 2003.
Thank you
K.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Can you be more specific, I think you are meaning to say you want to concatenate (join) the elements to create a link or use variables to modify the link, but I am not clear on your objective.

can you attach a sample spreadsheet with some data and what you have so far..and you goal.

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
I agree with Ziggy - the easiest formula for concatenating (combining) fields in Excel is using the "&" sign, as in
A|B|C
1|2|=(A1&B1)
with the result in C being 12
But if there are some static fields (that is, the text is always the same) and some that are variable, we might be able to create a better formula for you.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I see it now, the site has already provided the string required to make the link, you need to pass the required values through these fields

[SKU]
[SITE.CODE]

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
You have to do something like this....in this example assuming the Sku is in column B, but i can't properly test because i don't have a login. I FTP'd a file so I can see what you have

http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/statform?id="&"1234567891011&offerid=57189&bnid=889&subid=0&OSSKU="& B2

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I don't know exactly how you want it to work, but I had this code for inserting a hyperlink which i set up for someone else, since Excel does not do it automatically when you put in the formula
so I incorporated the link into the code, once you download your file and want to add the links this code will insert a column into A, then build the link for you.

I don't have a button for you to click as I don't know what your process will be. all you have to do is make sure this book is open (so the Macro will be available) then open your CSV file in Excel.
then making sure your macro's are enabled>>>tools>Macros>Secrurity--set to MED or LOW... (I .. or someone else can explain how to add a button to your menu or add the code to your "Personal.xls)

Then to run the macro click tools>Macros>MACROS...and select from list.

the one I attached has not been run yet and is a sample file downloaded from the site...again the link does not work for me, but with your ID it will hopefully work...but may need tweaking

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.