Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to set up a wireless connection through a D-Link DI-524 router that I've had for several years. I am attempting to set this up on my HP Pavilion g6 computer, running Windows 7. I've downloaded the installer from the D-Link website (this installer is said to work with the DI-524 router), and follow all the instructions. Every time I do, I get "Error 112 - Incorrect Router", which says:

"Quick Router Setup does not detect a supported D-Link router. You can use this wizard only with selected D-Link routers.
Make sure that the Ethernet cable from your computer is connected to blue port number 1 on the back of the router. Then, click Retry. (I have done this several times.)
Please check on the D-Link website to see if there is a firmware upgrade available for your router."

I would rather not try to mess around with a firmware upgrade unless I have to. I thought I'd check in here and see if there's something I'm doing wrong, or if the router's incompatible with Windows 7 or something else on my computer, or something else. Here's the TSG SysInfo result, in case it'll help:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2330M CPU @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 4043 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, 1797 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 591541 MB, Free - 550634 MB; D: Total - 14673 MB, Free - 1634 MB; E: Total - 4055 MB, Free - 1108 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 1695
Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

Thanks in advance :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.