Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Problem started when my PC was locking in hybernate mode. Did some research and fixed that by reseating the RAM cards, also removed and refitted battery. I have now lost my D drive? It was replaced with a 3/12 floppy drive but now that has even gone.

I have updated BIOS, checked connections to DVD drive and M'board, done the regedit thing, however i had no high level only low?
It also does not list the drive in the device manager (or my computer). The D drive was working fine before hand. I have tried to reinstall the driver by downloading it off the net but when i go to install i get a message "ATAPI device can not be found" this is then getting a bit out of my league :eek:

The Disc drive spins up when you put a disc in but seems the PC is just not recognising the drive is even there? (LG - GSA - H55N).
I will tripple check the connections again now but if anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated. THANKS.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know there are other threads on this kinda thing, and i have read and tried em all. So if anyone has any other ideas feel free to type them down for me.....pleeease.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.