Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i was 16 years old my parents put a program called 'Cybersitter' on my computer, they just wanted me to be on a good path, but now i am 18 years old and have moved out of the house (one week ago). I took my computer with me, i don't want to reformat, all i want to do it play my 'Steam' games and search freely on the internet without the program ruining things. It would be great to get rid of it entirely.

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, i asked them but unfortunately i suppose that this system does not work that way, but i guess that is why we have you guys =)
So im guessing we have to overide it somehow? Definately not my field of expertise but if you could help that would be amazing.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
I don't suppose that it occurred to you to do a Google search, right? The search term uninstall Cybersitter yields this as the first hit. [WEBQUOTE="http://www.cybersitterhelp.com/KB/XcIBViewItem.asp?ID=33"]Q Can you tell me how to uninstall CYBERsitter?
A We cannot tell you how to uninstall CYBERsitter through a web site or newsgroup, or even by telephone. One of our primary goals with CYBERsitter is to make it secure, and resistant to unauthorized or malicious uninstalling/hacking. CYBERsitter has a built in uninstall function. This is the only way CYBERsitter can be uninstalled. The uninstall process is fully described in the CYBERsitter "Help" files. If you are authorized to access CYBERsitter, you will be able to look up the uninstall procedure yourself.

If you contact our tech support department by e-mail with uninstall questions, we will not answer the e-mail. We have no way of validating who you are and that you are indeed authorized to make changes to the installation.

Note: DO NOT try to uninstall CYBERsitter using a third party "Uninstaller" utility. This could lead to permanent damage to your computer and may require you to reinstall Windows completely.[/WEBQUOTE]If you keep looking there are other ideas on the situation as well.

·
Banned
772 Posts
There's a way to edit the registry somewhere.
That damned program does a good job of blocking just about everything but what it was supposed to...
Good luck searching, man. It is possible.

EDIT:
Open Regedit, and change HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\
Control\SecurityProviders\Net98\E00 from 1 to 0.

Then, delete all instances of C2K in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
and delete Net98 from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders

Tell me how that works. Lucky for you I wrote that crap down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.