Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Customizing windows

693 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Jason Fox 
#1 ·
I have downloaded a few start-up/shut-down screens off the internet and I'd like to know how to install them.

Also, how can I makie my own icons. I thought it would be cool to make my icons part of my wallpaper or buttons from a panel from Star Trek. I'd like to try to get rid of the text under the icon, too if I were to be able to make the icons part of the wallpaper or an image.

#2 ·
Jason
logow.sys and logos.sys reside in C:\Windows folder.
If you wish to use a startup splash screen you downloaded
change the logos.sys in the windows folder to logos.old and
put you new in as logos.sys. Same for exit splash logow.sys.
Also any pic can be used as an icon.
Use a graphics program to create or change a pic to what you want then size to icon size. After you resized then use a program such as Infranview to convert your image to an .ICO file extension.
There are also many good Icon creation programs that are free on the web. Do a search an look at the selections.
Click here for Infranview
Hope that gets you started.
Dave

#3 ·
How do I get my icon text the same color as the background?

I renamed the logos.sys to logos.old and renamed the logow.sys to logow.old. I copied the logos to the windows folder and tried restarting the computer. Nothing. Still has the Win ME screen.

#4 ·
Jason
Was not aware you were using WinMe.
WinMe has logo.sys in C:\ folder for start splash
and logos.sys in C:\windows for shutdown.
Both are bmp files converted to .sys.
You have to name the ones currently listed to old and install your new as .sys
Also... I use simply transparent to handle the ICON text background and text color.
For Simply transparent Click Here
Dave

#5 ·
I found that that program doesn't change the color of the text of the icons. It does get rid of the selected overlay. I downloaded the other program, the icon creator and made all the icons on my desktop just a black square on a black background.

I'd like to have a destop with the wallpaper present and have "invisible" icons that are there if you float the pointer over it.

You can't see it, you can click on it, though.

Can I change the color of the start menu, too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.