1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
5,465 Posts
Start
All Programs
Startup

Right click on it and choose "Open".
You can then create a shortcut to your App (don't move the app itself) into that folder.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thats great thanks

now what i have done is added two internet favs to that folder

but what is happening is

two browsers are opening one fav in each

what i wanted was only one browser to open with two tabs one for each fav

is this possable

cheers

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
5,465 Posts
If you open a link to a website when the browser is open it will open it in a new tab. However if the browser isn't open yet, it creates a new window. Because your computer is trying to open the two links at the same time, the browser doesn't have time to open in between and so you get two windows.

If you're using firefox, you could set the two tabs you're interested in as your home page (yes, firefox lets you have multiple home pages) and have the links simply start firefox. The downside of that would be that every time you open the browser you get those sites opening, which may not be desirable.

A second option would be to create a short script (bat, vbs, etc) which opens the first site, waits for a few seconds to let the browser open, and then opens the remaining sites. Obviously the script would then be put in the startup folder.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thanks

there is now way that i can create a script so where would i get such a script or what would it be called so i could possably get the script and add my sites to it

cheers

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
5,465 Posts
It should be a relatively simple task; I'll see if I can make one for you.

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
5,465 Posts
The following batch script might do it for you. It isn't actually a very good solution, so I'll think about how to make it with another language if you want to use that technique.

Code:
@echo off
start www.techguy.org
ping 0.0.0.0 > nul
start www.google.com
Obviously replace techguy and google with the sites you want.

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
5,465 Posts
It doesn't matter so long as the extension is .bat
For example: webopen.bat

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
5,465 Posts
I'm not quite sure why that would be happening, but I suppose it could be a difference in the browser. I tested it with my default browser, Firefox 4.0. Which browser are you using? In addition, have you made any modifications to your browser (such as addons) which might make it behave differently from normal?

I'm looking into using javascript to do it (which would be better as it operates inside the browser) instead of Batch, but I'm still not very good with that language and so my design isn't coming together very quickly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.