Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are some currency symbols I'd like to use in Paint yet I can't set them up in IE because they are squares and they aren't in character map. How can I update character map or copy/paste them in to Paint? Have a look below to see which ones I can see...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I don't really know where the "Web and Email" link comes in here, but I'll let the moderators decide that if they stumble in here.

Anyway, I think the currency symbols are dependant on the font used. Arial should have the appropriate currency symbols, as would Verdana, Times New Roman etc. If you are using a slightly more estoric font, it may not have the appropriate characters.

Apart from that, I havn't a clue. Sorry mate. :(

PS: What exactly are you needing this for anyway? There may be other resources you could turn to.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by BillC:
Could you move the whole panel into paint and then cut just the symbol out and paste? I've not tried it, but it's a thought.

Edit. I couldn't get that to work. Sorry. But will this page help? Or this one?
I can't screenprint because I don't have the characters they are just squares and on the unicode one they are too small.

I am using Arial. I am creating a graphic for use within a flash intro to a website.

I need EU currencies. I already have pound £ and french franc and spanish peseta and italian lira and german mark because thats just DM. I need drachma and any other symbols that may have existed before the euro.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Can I ask why you just don't use charmap and copy and paste from there?

(Start | Run | Type in Charmap)

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
They are in the character map Tarq, you may actually have to change font but on symbols makes little difference

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have changed it to symbol and couldn't find the ones I wanted there were less there than there were in Arial. Please can you show me a screen print of the drachma symbol in your character map? I apologise for being offhand in my previous post.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.