Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Depends on what kind of lag your talking about. Graphics lag, CPU lag, or just internet lag.

If it's a combination of all three, there are configs out there that will lower texture resolutions to obtain higher FPS. Google search for "CAL Casey's Config" and you should see Casey's optimized config. I use it as my CAL config, which keeps my FPS high, since I'd rather have good FPS in a competition than good graphics.. :)

If it's just internet lag, I suggest adjusting your in-game rates. Those can also be found in Casey's Config. The most common commands and settings are as follows:

"rate 25000"
"cl_updaterate 101"
"cl_cmdrate 101"

Type those into your console (without the quotes). The console key is the (~ or `) key, beside the number 1 on a standard US keyboard.

If pressing the tilde (~) key doesn't do anything, turn the console on by going to Options > Keyboard > Advanced, and Enable the Developer's Console by click the button, so it will have a check mark in it.

And lastly, turn off any extra programs you don't need running in the background. That would include chat-based programs, P2P (That would definitely hurt your latency) programs, and internet browsers. You could also go a bit more in-depth and close hidden tasks by going into the Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL), the Processes tab, then sort the fields by "User Name." Close the tasks you don't need except for explorer.exe, this is Window's interface.

Also, if (only if) you have a mouse driver, (Like SetPoint for Logitech mice) you're going to want to keep those open, so your programmed side buttons will work. If you just have a standard mouse, don't worry about this one.

Hope this helps :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.