Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k so my lime wire wasn't working so i took down my firewalls temporarily to see if that was the problem(it still didn't work btw) and when i next restarted i kept getting a message saying the file csrss.exe could not be found. as well the task bar at the bottom including the start button and the system tray kept disappearing every min or so as the message came up. i used the program autoruneditor or something like that and removed csrss.exe from the start up list by deleting it. then i scanned for viruses with avgfree and avira but came up clean. now however the taskbar etc. still randomly diappear but now they dont come back for a loong while and the message has stopped even tho i can still run programs like firefox itunes etc but when i open my comp. when the taskbar disappears it closes. also i tried running a critical files scan through command prompt and that came up good. sooo im pretty sure its not a virus and maybe i shouldnt have deleted it from the startup.taskmanager says its still runnin PPLLLLLLZ HEEEELLLP

·
Registered
978 Posts
csrss.exe is a crucial Windows file, which needs to run on startup, unless it's NOT located in Windows\System32 folder.
Search your computer for csrss.exe file, and post back with it's locations.
If it's in Windows\System32, it may be corrupted, but DO NOT run System Restore, until you post back, if it's located somewhere else.
It'd be advisable, if you posted HijackThis log at http://forums.techguy.org/54-malware-removal-hijackthis-logs/, just to make sure, your computer is clean.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the help guys but i already found the solution through googling it. in some of my registry the HKEY Local Machine windows NT current version some of the logon scripts or processes were labelled wrong and had csrss.exe just added on so erasing them fixed that message. then i got a reg fix of some site to fix the blinking desktop and voila three virus scans later im just deleting some virus vundo and a few trojan droppers with avira, avg free and ad-aware. again thanks for your help anyways

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.