Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been using a Lenovo ThinkPad X200 with Windows 7 for some time. During the past week, the system has been preventing the opening of both files and folders. In particular, I use Dropbox. When I click on Dropbox from my Desktop, it shows up with the file list etc - when I click on a file or folder, the following message appears:
"THIS FILE DOES NOT HAVE A PROGRAM ASSOCIATED WITH IT FOR PERFORMING THIS ACTION. PLEASE INSTALL A PROGRAM, OR IF ONE IS ALREADY INSTALLED, CREATE AN ASSOCIATION IN THE DEFAULT PROGRAMS CONTROL PANEL
Would much appreciate step-by-step instructions on how to resolve this problem as soon as possible as it giving me serious difficulties.
Many thanks.
David Gough

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
34,876 Posts
Try this fix: FolderFix

Unzip the fix and extract the .REG file to the Desktop. Right-click the .REG file and choose Merge. Note that you need to be an Administrator to apply this fix.

Reboot the computer.

If the fix only opens as a text file, right-click it and select Open With > Choose Program... Then, select the Registry Editor.

If the Registry Editor is not in the list, browse to C:\WINDOWS and select regedit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.