Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here. Bit of an issue with my CPU usage percentage. It has been fluctuating off and on every few seconds. From 0% to 40%. They were worse but have settled out and have not resulted in slowing on my system. However, I did just play a rather simple game(Starcraft) and the coloring was terribly off and the CPU Usage was up to 100%.
It is not spyware, I have run several scans and the cause will be explained in a few. "System" is using it in the task manager under processes, and is hence causing the jumps.
This follows when I installed an unsupported piece of software called Motherboard Monitor 5 to help monitor CPU temperatures. There was a driver that I installed that was invalid or some such and the software was not supported by my mobo(Dell Dimension 8250).
Is there any practical method of stopping these fluctuations?
Thank you in advance for any help provided.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably around 40 or so, most of which are SYSTEM related and not taking up much RAM and doing nothing to the CPU Usage. It's really system that is spiking it(I go to the Processes tab, hit CPU to see which is the highest and "System" pokes up every few seconds).
No suspicious processes and I have run spyware/virus programs. So that's not the problem there...
Can a driver install itself to my BIOS perhaps and be doing somethign there?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.