do you think this is too hot for 750 T-bird, socket A type
mobo 32
cpu 57
cpu fan 520rpm
these are from aida32 sensor

·
Registered
10,673 Posts
135 degrees fahrenheit is pretty darn hot.

If you're hungry you could always fry up some bacon and make a BLT sandwich :D

Have you been to the CPU manufactures web site to see if it is within tolerance? It sounds way to hot to me... :eek:

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
If the fan is really only spinning at 520 rpm (instead of 5200) then you probably need to get a new fan.

I doubt the 750 cpu normally ran that hot.
My old 1.4Ghz T-bird used to run about 50C at idle.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I agree, 57C is a bit warm though I'm not familia with the avg. temps for T-birds running >1Ghz. My 1.8Ghz T-bred ran around 42C - 45C before I installed a case fan to blow at the CPU (with another for exaust) Now I avg around 37C.

Max die temps for T-birds @750Mhz is 90C (for Socket A), and 70C (for Slot A).

Check this link for the table I'm referring to for the temps:
http://www.thedigerati.us/info/amdcpuchart.html

·
Registered
10,673 Posts
Look on the bright side... now you have a perfect excuse to buy yourself that really sweet water cooled system for your CPU :p :D

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Holy crap wah happen, who let the decorator in to tsg, anyway, yeah sounded hot to me too, may have to try new hsf setup. Its been doin this shut-dn restart thing ocasionally for not apparent reason, memory checked out ok, power supply, maybe, but that does seem hot.

·
Super Moderator
46,553 Posts
Max temp for that processor is 90C. I start to worry when the temp is >55C; so I would start to investigate the problem. You might need to add a case fan, or just a complete cleaning of the system with a can of air. Check that all fans are turning and that intake and exhaust vents are clean and clear of dust.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah everything is clean, got 1 fan in front one out the back, hsf blown out, its turning 5200 rpm according to aida. I should get one of those 60 to 80 adapters or something maybe.

·
Super Moderator
46,553 Posts
If the case has good airflow, ie all wires, cables, etc tied up and out of the way, you might try pulling the hsf and reapplying thermal compound. Make sure that the old compound is completely cleaned off. If you have been thinking of an upgrade for your hsf, now is an excellent time to do the job. I use Speeze falconrock coolers on all of my AMD builds. Last time I bought one from newegg, it was about $15.00 including shipping.

·
Registered
10,673 Posts
crjdriver said:
a complete cleaning of the system with a can of air
Yeah I completely gutted my computer the other day and cleaned it all out with compressed air. You'd be surprised at how much dust builds up in a years time :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have also been running at about 54 to 57 on die temp on a xp 2000 and haven't had any problems with a thermatake volcano 7+ with a 80 mm fan blow hole over the top of it and 2 case fans push and pull . ext cpu reads 38 and case reads 31 are you sure this is on die temp??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.