Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI i have a question about an average temp for my CPU i have an AMD 64 X2 4200+ Dual core .What would be the avergae temp while the pc is on idle and what would be a normal temp when its under a load , for an example Gaming . i checked with speed fan and here is what i got . see the pic

thanks for the help ..
Cheers T

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
You appear to have a case cooling issue, have you tried removing the side panel and seeing if that helps your temperatures?

·
Registered
22,466 Posts
I don't think that 38 is bad for gaming at all. I have a 4200 and a 4800 and they generally run 31 idle and 38 stressed.
I notice speedfan shows no front or back case fans though? Is that so? Or is it that the case fan is plugged to psu so it doesn't show up?

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
If the Aux temperature is the case temperature, it's too hot.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Well, for idle temps they are a bit high. But I'm not too sure what would be normal for a dual-core system. Probably about 30-35°C should be OK.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
techkid said:
Well, for idle temps they are a bit high. But I'm not too sure what would be normal for a dual-core system. Probably about 30-35°C should be OK.
OK well , i checked my system and it seems that 2 of my fans were not working . ( both on the case ) 2 , 120MM fans . and when i popped the case door off its felt a bit warm int here . so i connected the fans ( AGAIN ) and it seems to be getting coller .while the machine was still running i didn this and about 3 minutes has gone by and the CPU went from 38c to 33c in just a couple of minutes . so im sure im on the right track now ..
thanks for all the help guys .
and ill be sure to post what it runs at while idle .
Cheers T

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Rich-M said:
Huh, 46 is too hot?
You bet your booties! I'm talking about case (motherboard) temperatures, not processor temperatures. If you case temperature is 46C, that's where the processor starts from.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
JohnWill is right. That's not even the hottest temperatures we reach here in an Aussie summer. Imagine what the PC feels like in temperatures we call unbearable.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
timothye said:
so shall we call this thread DONE ?
cheers T
You're calling the tune. ;)

You can mark your own threads solved using the thread tools at the upper right of the screen.© :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.