Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I have a Toshiba Satellite 4010 CDS. I have an external monitor, mouse and keyboard hooked up to it. 96 megs. Computer is awfully slow in processing. Even whilst on the net ( have DSL), clicking on a link could take as long as 15 seconds to process. My system monitor tells me that the cpu is running at 100% usage. What could be the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

xzimbo

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
How fast is your processor?

·
Registered
45,855 Posts
Taskinfo2000 is a great utility for analyzing such problems. It will breakdown cpu usuage among running tasks and give you a host of other info besides. Well worth the honor system 12$ registration.

http://www.iarsn.com/index.html#/download.html

Windows sysmon is not completely reliable, but if things are running as slow as you say they are, something must be hogging resources. Without a specific taskmonitor, you might be able to identify this by doing a ctrl-alt-del and end-tasking, one at a time, running tasks in the Close Programs window. Leave Explorer, Systray, and rnaapp (if online).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.