Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have been playing Counter-Strike Source on my computer for almost 3 years, no problems. Got a new graphics card about 5 months ago, had no problems with it. I noticed the fan went out on it a while back, I just keep an eye on how how it might get from the room temp. Still no issues...

Now at times I run CSS, the game freaks out, walls and people flash pink/green, it snows pixels, and I usually see grids flying by my screen. Never have seen this before, not even on a card that is overheating.

It seems to do this for any game in Steam, I don't really have any other games on pc, I did have WoW and installed it again to see, it seemed to run fine.

Weird thing is, I was trying to test to see if it is just overheating. Well I ran CSS for 3 hours today and nothing. Turned off my comp, re-ran CSS and it started to instantly freak out. Rebooted, and it fixed it. Did this over a week span to see if it's constant and it just seems to be random. Even had my comp open with a fan blowing it in just to see if anything was different.

Anyhow, screen shot is below with some system info, I am just wondering if is a hardware issue or a software, if anyone has had previous issues with the 7950GT series, or possibly a driver I could get?

Graphics card: GeForce 7950GT 512mb
Computer: Pentium 4 cpu 3.06GHz with 1.50gb RAM

http://www.jtate.net/host/uploads/cs_office.jpg

Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.