Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could you Pass the US Citizenship Test? Sorry, this will not apply to our foreign neighbors.

Answer these ten question and I will grade your papers later........ :cool:
BTW I have embedded a keystroke monitor no Googling ;)

1. How many strips are there on the United States flag?

2. What were the last two states admitted to the United States?

3. What do we call a change made in the Constitution?

4. What is the title of our national anthem? please write the first 15 words.

5. How many members sit on the United States Supreme Court?

6. Who becomes President if both the President and Vice- President are unable to serve?

7. Please Name the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court?

8. Please name your states U.S. Senators.

9. How many voting members are there in the House of Representatives?

10. Which countries were U.S. allies during World War II?
Added later there were 7 total.

OK time is ended put down your pencils and pass your papers forward..................... :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,087 Posts
AKA Arizona said:
Could you Pass the US Citizenship Test? Sorry, this will not apply to our foreign neighbors.
I'm answering anyhow :)
Answer these ten question and I will grade your papers later........ :cool:
BTW I have embedded a keystroke monitor no Googling ;)

1. How many strips are there on the United States flag?
Well...I'm assuming you mean stripes, and I believe it's 13
2. What were the last two states admitted to the United States?
Alaska and Hawaii I think
3. What do we call a change made in the Constitution?
An amendment
4. What is the title of our national anthem? please write the first 15 words.
The Star Spangled Banner. "Oh say can you see By the
dawns early light what so proudly we hailed..."

5. How many members sit on the United States Supreme Court?
not a clue
6. Who becomes President if both the President and Vice- President are unable to serve?
I know this, but I forget
7. Please Name the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court?
not a clue
8. Please name your states U.S. Senators.
N/A
9. How many voting members are there in the House of Representatives?
not a clue
10. Which countries were U.S. allies during World War II?
Funny...shouldn't that read "Which countries were considered the Allies during World War II?" ;)
OK time is ended put down your pencils and pass your papers forward..................... :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,015 Posts
1. Thirteen
2. Alaska and Hawaii
3. Amendment
4. The Star Spangled Banner
"O say can you see by the dawn's early light what so proudly we hailed by the twilight's last gleaming. Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight and the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming. And the rockets' red glare the bombs bursting in air gave proof through the night that our flag was still there. O say does that star spangled banner yet wave o'er the land of the free and the home of the brave
5. Nine
6. The Speaker of the House of Representatives
7. William Rehnquist (at the moment)
8.
9. Four hundred thirty five
10. Great Britian, France, Russia/USSR
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,507 Posts
AKA Arizona said:
Could you Pass the US Citizenship Test?
1. 13
2. Hawaii, Alaska
3. An Amendment
4. The Star Spangled Banner. "Oh, say can you see, by the dawn's early light, what so proudly we hailed, at the twilight's last gleaming, who's broad stripes and bright stars..." (sorry, got carried away)
5. 9
6. The Speaker of the House
7. Rehnquist
8. Corzine and Loutenburg
9. 435
10. Great Britain, Soviet Union, France
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,531 Posts
AKA Arizona said:
1. How many strips are there on the United States flag?

2. What were the last two states admitted to the United States?

3. What do we call a change made in the Constitution?

4. What is the title of our national anthem? please write the first 15 words.

5. How many members sit on the United States Supreme Court?

6. Who becomes President if both the President and Vice- President are unable to serve?

7. Please Name the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court?

8. Please name your states U.S. Senators.

9. How many voting members are there in the House of Representatives?

10. Which countries were U.S. allies during World War II?
----Answers----
1. Thirteen
2. Alaska and Hawaii
3. An Amendment
4. The Star Spangled Banner: "Oh say can you see, by the dawns early night, what so proudly we hailed, at twilights last gleaming."
5. Nine! So no even votes
6. Secretary of State (I think, somewhat of a guess here, its early!)
7. William Rehnquist (guessed on his first name!)
8. Tammy Baldwin and and and...Russ Feingold.
9. four hundred thirty-sumthin
10. Britain, France*sigh* :) , USSR latter half of the war, Australia(cant forget them, helped us kick the japs around!), those were the main allies. Other countries like Brazil declared war and aligned with the allies but didn't send forces, just supplies.

I swear I didn't cheat. I'm just a nerd. Besides I probably got at least one wrong.

I don't know anyone else my age that could answer all the questions correctly. There probably isn't a person in this whole neighborhood, regardless of age. So I get the point! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
coderitr said:
1. Thirteen
2. Alaska and Hawaii
3. Amendment
4. The Star Spangled Banner
5. Nine
6. The Speaker of the House of Representatives
7. William Rehnquist (at the moment)
8.
9. Four hundred thirty five
10. Great Britian, France, Russia/USSR
Very Good...................... except number 10 we had a total of 7 allies..
Number 8 puts a whole new meaning on "until death do us part"......... :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,020 Posts
It's been 10 years since my high school civics class, so I'll try my best.

1. 13 - I can't remember if it's 7 white and 6 red or vice versa.
2. Alaska and Hawaii
3. An Amendment
4. The Star-spangled Banner? "Oh say can you see, by the dawn's early light?"
5. 9 - just as many as reindeer that pull Santa's sled
6. The Speaker of the House
7. Ranquist
8. I only remember Patty Murry (WA)
9. 100 - 2 from each state
10. Great Britton (England), France, Australia, Russia
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WarC said:
----Answers----
1. Thirteen
2. Alaska and Hawaii
3. An Amendment
4. The Star Spangled Banner: "Oh say can you see, by the dawns early night, what so proudly we hailed, at twilights last gleaming."
5. Nine! So no even votes
6. Secretary of State (I think, somewhat of a guess here, its early!)
7. William Rehnquist (guessed on his first name!)
8. Tammy Baldwin and and and...Russ Feingold.
9. four hundred thirty-sumthin
10. Britain, France*sigh* :) , USSR latter half of the war, Australia(cant forget them, helped us kick the japs around!), those were the main allies. Other countries like Brazil declared war and aligned with the allies but didn't send forces, just supplies.

I swear I didn't cheat. I'm just a nerd. Besides I probably got at least one wrong.

I don't know anyone else my age that could answer all the questions correctly. There probably isn't a person in this whole neighborhood, regardless of age. So I get the point! :)
I don't know how old you are but you did very good..
Number 6 is "the Speaker of the house" now thats a scarry thought. Remember ole' Newt?
you also did good on the allies Britan, Canada, Austraila, New Zealand, the Soviet Union, China and France.

Now about the cheating part I know you did not cheat I detected no keystrokes to a search engine. However, we need to talk about what you did later, does your mother know???? lol................... :p ................. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
marcus77 said:
It's been 10 years since my high school civics class, so I'll try my best.

1. 13 - I can't remember if it's 7 white and 6 red or vice versa.
2. Alaska and Hawaii
3. An Amendment
4. The Star-spangled Banner? "Oh say can you see, by the dawn's early light?"
5. 9 - just as many as reindeer that pull Santa's sled
6. The Speaker of the House
7. Ranquist
8. I only remember Patty Murry (WA)
9. 100 - 2 from each state
10. Great Britton (England), France, Australia, Russia
Very Good. However, number 9 is wrong, its 435 and there were 7 allies the 4 you mentioned and China, New Zealand and Canada
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Raeli said:
1. 13
2. Hawaii, Alaska
3. An Amendment
4. The Star Spangled Banner. "Oh, say can you see, by the dawn's early light, what so proudly we hailed, at the twilight's last gleaming, who's broad stripes and bright stars..." (sorry, got carried away)
5. 9
6. The Speaker of the House
7. Rehnquist
8. Corzine and Loutenburg
9. 435
10. Great Britain, Soviet Union, France
Excellent....... except we had 7 allies the 3 you have plus China, New Zealand, Austrilia and Canada.................... :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,020 Posts
How about extra credit?

1a. What do the stripes on the American flag stand for?
1b. How many of question 1a can you name?

6a. Whom currently holds that position?
6b. Who is 4th in line of succession for President?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,507 Posts
marcus77 said:
How about extra credit?

1a. What do the stripes on the American flag stand for?
1b. How many of question 1a can you name?
a. The 13 original colonies
b.
1. New Jersey
2. New York
3. Pennsylvania
4. Delaware
5. Virginia
6. North Carolina
7. South Carolina
8. Massachusetts
9. Rhode Island
10. New Hampshire
11. Connecticut
12. Maryland
13. Georgia

marcus77 said:
6a. Whom currently holds that position?
6b. Who is 4th in line of succession for President?
a. Denny Hastert
b. House Minority leader Pellosi?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,020 Posts
Raeli said:
a. The 13 original colonies
b.
1. New Jersey
2. New York
3. Pennsylvania
4. Delaware
5. Virginia
6. North Carolina
7. South Carolina
8. Massachusetts
9. Rhode Island
10. New Hampshire
11. Connecticut
12. Maryland
13. Georgia
Very good, you got them all!

a. Denny Hastert
b. House Minority leader Pellosi?
a. It's actually Dennis, but the first name doesn't matter.
b. It's President pro tempore of the United States Senate, whom is currently Ted Stevens (R) of Alaska.

Now here's a really good question; How many females participated in this "test" that AKA Arizona started?

I sent the same test (without my extra credit questions) to everyone in my office. There are 6 females and 2 males (including me). Only the other male even bothered to answer any of the questions. Could history and government be weak points for females?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,196 Posts
AKA Arizona said:
Could you Pass the US Citizenship Test? Sorry, this will not apply to our foreign neighbors.

Answer these ten question and I will grade your papers later........ :cool:
BTW I have embedded a keystroke monitor no Googling ;)
1. How many strips are there on the United States flag? 13

2. What were the last two states admitted to the United States? Alaska, Hawaii (respectively) :D

3. What do we call a change made in the Constitution? Amendment

4. What is the title of our national anthem? please write the first 15 words.

Star Spangled Banner. Oh say can you see? By the dawn's early light. What so proudly we hail..... Hope nobody got their clues from watching American Idol.....SHEESH! :rolleyes:

5. How many members sit on the United States Supreme Court? Nine

6. Who becomes President if both the President and Vice- President are unable to serve? Not totally sure about this one, but I think it's the Senate Majority Leader.

7. Please Name the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court? Rehnquist

8. Please name your states U.S. Senators. Kay Bailey Hutchison, John Cornyn

9. How many voting members are there in the House of Representatives? 458

10. Which countries were U.S. allies during World War II?
Added later there were 7 total. UK, Italy, Russia, Canada, Mexico, China, Spain. I'm terrible at war history.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,196 Posts
marcus77 said:
I sent the same test (without my extra credit questions) to everyone in my office. There are 6 females and 2 males (including me). Only the other male even bothered to answer any of the questions. Could history and government be weak points for females?
I have to say, since most of my friends are male, when they start talking about the History Channel, tanks, wars, guns, etc.... I tune out. I rail against anyone who says that girls aren't supposed to be good at math and science, but history...meh. I can't get excited about it. Government, though, can be more interesting and I'll gladly yap about that. :up: :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,074 Posts
I got 8/10 and 14/15. and i know why boys are better at history. history is something that dosnt change. Guys are lazy, all you have to do is know who won the war, whereas with language, things are always changing, new books, new words, new=bad. now a special on the history of spears in on the history channel, so i must go.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top