Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having issues with font size.

Sometimes when I copy text that is in normal font [say 12pt] from one source and then paste it elsewhere it will paste in very tiny font. As small is 5 or 6 pt. This has been happening just recently and appears to happening only with certain sites.

Any ideas what is causing this and how to correct the problem? This has only been a recent occurrence.

·
Trusted Advisor
17,603 Posts
Whenever pasting in from a website, it is best to do a "Paste Special" and then select unformated trext. This way the font, size, color and all other web proberties will not be pasted in, but the settings for the current paragraph will be used.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Simply pasting text. Sometimes I'm pasting within the site itself as in a "forum" like Techguy. For example if I were to highlight what you just asked and then paste it here as part of my reply it might paste in very tiny font. It's isn't doing it on this site but it does it on other sites. Sometimes I copy it from one site and paste it on Word 2003 document. Sometimes it works, other times it reduces it tiny font and I can't figure out why.

·
Trusted Advisor
21,991 Posts
There's another site I used to Visit ...
I had to pre-format the text to be Pasted in a Word Scratch pad to Veranda and the Default size of 10.

It seems that TSG doesn't have this problem .. I think it has it's own Default Font and size ..

·
Trusted Advisor
21,991 Posts
I don't think there's an answer ...
It seems to me that the other site I participated in ... Was viewer web software and worked a little different.

What you might be looking for is a "Copy Special" .. And I don't think that exists.

My work around was to Paste to Word ... Edit/Format it .. then Paste it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just tried it again. I tried two different sites this time. I copied a short paragraph from both sites and pasted them onto a MS Word document. They pasted in font 8 which I can hardly read. Even though my setting on the document page was set at 12pt

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm using Vista. When you "copy" text it is saved to the clipboard. When you "paste", it goes from the clipboard to where ever you're wanting to paste it to.

ie: copy from website >>>>>>> clipboard>>>>>>>>to MS Word document

·
Trusted Advisor
21,991 Posts
But .. If you Copy from a Word Doc .. you will Copy any formatting it has back to the clipboard ..

copy from website >>>>>>> clipboard>>>>>>>>to MS Word document >>> Copy from Word >>> Clipboard >>>> Website

·
Trusted Advisor
21,991 Posts
It seems the Clipboard can Copy Anything .. I occasionally Copy Pictures .. But I know where to Paste them...
(In something that accepts pictures)

Did you change the contents of the Clipboard by Copying the contents of the Word doc ??
See where I added ... >>>> Copy from Word >>> Clipboard >>>> Website

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here is what I've tried. Look at the two phrases below. I copied both of them and pasted them onto my Word document. #1 was taken from the automatic advisory I got in my email saying you replied to my query. It was fine and pasted in font 12pt. But #2 which is your actual reply on techguy pasted in font 8pt

1. "Noyb has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled..."

2. "It seems the Clipboard can Copy Anything .. I occasionally Copy Pictures .. But I know where to Paste them."

·
Trusted Advisor
21,991 Posts
For the other Sites .. I think you'll have to find out what font and size they use normally ..
then Change the font and size accordingly .. and use the workaround ..
Copy from website >> Clipboard >> to MS Word document >> Edit as needed >> Copy from Word >> Clipboard >> Website.

That's what I used to do

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yep...that is what I'm having to do. I end up copying the text to my Word document, increasing the font size and then pasting to where ever. What puzzles me is that I've copied from these sites before and it's never been a problem. This is just recent.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.