Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me whether deleting cookies affects the record of the number of posts one makes? I'm pretty sure that I have posted way more messages than my tally shows and at this rate I'll never become a Senior Member :rolleyes:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a relief, but that begs another question: is my maths wonky, or is the tally only added to for each new thread and not multiple replies to the same thread? I'm sick of being a junior!! :p

·
Super Moderator
37,525 Posts
Hiya

Well, its a strange one, this question. I'll explain something that I have noticed during the last few months.

When I first joined, if you posted a reply in, say, thread A, your post was 1.
Then, if you posted with an answer in Thread A, your post remained at 1.
But if you posted to Thread B, it went to 2.

Does this make sense so far? I hope so, 'cos it ain't easy to explain.

Anyway, lately, if you post to Thread A, it is 1. Then you post again to thread A, it goes to 2, and so on...

Does that make any sense now?

Regards

eddie

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I think no matter how many replies you give to one thread it is only counted as one. Your number goes up as you reply to different threads or so I believe.
Unless it has changed and I didn't notice :(

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We are on the same wavelength here eddie, that is exactly what I was wondering :)

I guess I will just have to nudge the old grey matter a bit harder in order to be more of a busy-bee :p

Thanks for the explanations, people!

·
Super Moderator
37,525 Posts
Hiya

LadyLisa: Fraid not. If you do a search for Scotchtay, you will see how many threads he has been involved in. Sorry for using you, scotchtay, but I've been involved with that thread for so long.

Anyway, he put out a thread in Web about rnaapp. That generated him his Senior Member status fast, as the replies were numerous. 134 in total by everyone involved.

It used to be how you thought it was. It changed somehow.

Regards

eddie

·
Registered
650 Posts
You can click the Search button beneath any one of your posts, to see all the posts that you've written.
Likewise, you can click the Search button beneath any one of anyone's posts, to see all the posts they've written.

The next post you write, no matter where on this site, will bring your tally up by one.
And your current tally will always be reflected within every post you've written on this site.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Eddie
Wow, maybe thats how I got to 140 without actually remembering being involved in that many threads :eek:

Any idea why and when it changed?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had a look, like Signature suggested, at all my posts and now I remember why it looks like I haven't done many. It's because when I first came here I used another name, which I decided I didn't like anymore, so I got myself a new one :rolleyes:

Will I be able to cheat and have my "old name" messages transferred to this name, do ya think??:cool:

·
Super Moderator
37,525 Posts
I don't know when it changed. It was like this for a while before we changed boards.

As to the changing of names, I don't know. You may want to ask one of the moderators or even TechGuy himself.

eddie

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by eddie5659
As to the changing of names, I don't know. You may want to ask one of the moderators or even TechGuy himself.

eddie
Then again, maybe I won't... I was rather green back then and now that I've discovered how easy it is to view past messages, I'm not sure that I want anyone to see some of the questions I asked at that time -- the ones I ask now are bad enough! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.