Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom got an Mp3 player that only plays Mp3 and WMA files. How can I convert a Cd to one of these formats. I have Nero 7 Ultra addition but it only converts the CD to MPEG-4's

·
Registered
467 Posts
Microsoft has claimed that WMA is better quality, but I've read several test that has proved otherwise. WMA is better at lower bitrates, below 128, but anything above, MP3 (ripped with LAME) or Vorbis, has better results.

If the object is to just get songs on the player, without concerns of quality or compatibility, both of those formats work fine. If you want better quality, try to rip in VBR. If you want even better quality, try using EAC, with the LAME. But that may be a bit cumbersome for beginners.

As for ripping program. You can just use Windows Media Player. It does the job.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I don't use Windows Media, but I believe it will place all ripped music in a specific folder. I know you can sync a device with Windows Media, thus eliminating the need to drag and drop. But don't know what devices it supports.

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
AikidoNinja said:
Does this put them into a folder somewhere, cause you have to copy and paste into the Mp3 player.
The default location it puts the files is My Music and the songs are also put in the WMP library. When you rip the CD's WMP should also tag the files for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.