Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! I am Pramod , a junior member of the forum. I have a problem and wonder if anybody can help me. My office work requires me to convert excel files to text files. But I have no idea how to do this. Can anybody help ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi dude,
Simple answer is, go to "save as..." in the Excel file menu, pick on of the .txt options in the "Save as type:" dropdown and that's it.
But I guess it depends what kind of data you got in the file, and what it will be used for - depending on which characteroistics need to be preserved, you should either save as .CSV file (comma separated values), or tab-delimited .txt file.
Hope this helps.

Cheers,
F4V.

·
Super Moderator
79,318 Posts
another question that begs to be asked is what is in the excel files? Are you just trying to save them in notepad or word or something?

·
Registered
538 Posts
You may select the info from exel with the mouse or otherwise (Select all) and copy or drop it into a txt document, but the actual make up will get lost. It is wiser to transfer the exel file into a word document without losing the table structure. You can even import a exelfile to word.
bernardus.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.