Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got 4 puters (various windows) connected thru a switch onto a router (dsl).
Now I want to assign max transfer speed per machine...how is this possible?
Ive seen some hardware solutions, but I'd really like a software..
can anyone help (startin to get desperate here ;( )

..woof..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If noone can help, can someone mebbe show me some other tech help sites?
I dont know if You got any rules against linking to other sites the like. I just need help....

·
Administrator
15,304 Posts
Some routers give you the ability to limit the amount of bandwidth each machine is allowed to use. That's probably the best solution, depending on what kind of router you have.

Alternatively, I would expect it to be possible for a program to be written to run on each machine that would limit the amount of bandwidth the system is using. I would think that this would have some interesting effects, though... for example, it would probably be possible for the user to close the limitation program and then get full bandwidth. Also, it would almost certainly have to restrict ALL bandwidth going through that computer's network adapter -- not just Internet traffic.

But, that's just a guess. I've never seen such software, and a quick search revealed nothing. If you find something, please reply to this thread and share your results!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.