I'm working with an AMD K6-333 w/ 64 MB RAM and WIN98 also running TweakUI and I'm having lockup problems working with Audio CD's or just opening and closing the Multimedia control panel. It locks up to the point that Ctrl-Alt-Del will not do anything. Here's what I've tried:
- Upgrading to Win98SE
- Removing and Reinstalling sound drivers (Integrated Crystal CS4235)
- Tried a different sound card
- updating virus protection and checking for viruses
- going into safe mode - device manager and occurances of sound
- Add/remove programs - Windows Setup - remove multimedia and reinstall
- tried a different cd rom drive
- ran system file checker
Sound seems to work fine with .wav files. I would think that if it were a corrupt file associated with Multimedia then upgrading to Win98 SE would have fixed it. I'm thinking a registry problem but not sure. Formatting is not an option.
Got any ideas?
closing duplicate, view this thread http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?threadid=63367