Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My partners computer consistently keeps on repeating the letter "r" i.e (rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr).

I have tried another keyboard but it makes no difference. Any suggestions please.

Thanks

·
Registered
274 Posts
Try booting into safe mode to see if the issue still persists.

You can do by tapping the F8 key whilst the computer is restarting (after the system info is displayed).

Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This probably isn't your situation but I had a similar incident happen on a computer of mine a while back. The problem ended up being that I had an old wireless keyboard in a cabinet about 10 feet behind the computer. Because I was still using the wireless mouse I hadn't disconnected the receiver. That drove me crazy for about a week.

Like I said that prolly isn't your problem but it pays to think about things like that. It could be something completely out of the blue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.

I have a wired keyboard. The only wireless device I have is a wireless USB adaptor.

I will also try booting up in safe mode as suggested and report back.

many thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,
I tried using safe mode and the repeating character problem stopped but when I re-booted I got system restore re-booting time after time. In the end I did a full a full restore and re-installed everything, including the o/s and everything is ok now.
Many thanks to all for your help and suggestions

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.