Votes: 14 73.7%
  • They are equal

Votes: 1 5.3%
Status
Not open for further replies.

Console vs. PC

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Couriant 
#1 ·
Well, I'm having an argument over which is better with a friend. I'm thinking PC, because once you figure in the money you save by being able to upgrade, and the cost of PC games, compared to overpriced console games, they're cost is equal, if not cheaper. The only thing I can think of that's a plus for console, is no compatibility issues, and you don't have to patch the game once you buy it.

On the other hand, PC has a better interface for shooters, is upgradable, always beats console GFX if you have a decent one, and the games you do buy last longer because of user made mods, even on games without toolkits like KotOR, where there's no official Bioware sanctioned mods, but there's a ton of unofficial user made ones. PC r0x0rs. ;)

#4 ·
I don't think it's a question of what's better, it's a question of what you like to play. Certian games work better on the console - such as Final Fantasy and some of the "Party " games. You can argue over price, speed, etc.. but if you don't like the games on that platform, why even bother? I love Final Fantasy for the Console, but hate the PC version. I love the PC version of Command and Conquer Red Alert, but hate the console version.

#6 ·
I guess you are going to get a bias point of view since people are using a PC to do your poll ...

But I agree that it depends on the type of game. I prefer a PS2 to a PC because of all the games I have and like. But then there are some more better graphic games on the PC. Having said that, to me the game is not good on graphics alone. I like the Final Fantasy series because of the gameplay and storyline. Also I like racing games like Grand Turismo, much better to control on a console...

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of strategy games like Command and Conquer (all but Generals), Starcraft, Cultures 2 etc, those are really good, and only the PC can deliver a decent strategy game.

#8 ·
Hello.

I remember when I got my first computer in 1995 [75 Megahurtz]. A year after I stoped playing my Sega Gen (tells you how old I could be) all together. LOL, the newest system I have is an Xbox. I am satisfied with both, but if I had to chose I would stick with PC. Yea, downloading patches is a itchbay, but hell I PC games are adaptable. Also, when there are anywhere from 5 to 50 different mods to a game, then that makes it worth the $40-75 you pluged down to buy it.

#9 ·
Pc is better for graphics by far, if you are wanting to have a bunch of friends over to play some party games you will definatly want to have a console because they are way funner for parties. Unless you are having a lan party but then everyone needs to bring there pc over and hook them all up. I prefer pc myself but consoles are good for rpgs and party games

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.