Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That is the message that appeared as a bubble above my system tray this morning. I cannot access the internet and cannot access my network. This problem occurred soon after a Windows Update, but I doubt that it had anything to do with it because the internet worked after I updated, and I had not restarted the computer yet. For the weeks since I have had the computer, it has been working fine with automatic configuration. I have 3 other computers on the network that work fine. I have a HP Media PC Windows XP Pro Media Center edition AMD 3400+ 512 RAM SiS network card, and can provide more information if needed. All day today, I have disabled both firewalls, Norton and Windows, I have tried manually configuring my connection, which showed some results, as it said I was connected, but I still could not access the network nor the internet, I have contacted M$, HP, and my local ISP. I have searched for hours on Google, where I have read that this is a SP2 problem, but the thing is, the computer came with SP2 installed, and it worked fine with SP2. For a hobby, I run an Apache v 2.0.52 server on that computer, but I doubt that could have played a part. I NEED HELP.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Try unplugging the modem's power cord and ethernet cables for a few minutes, reboot the computer and plug them back in. This happens to me sometimes too but this usually fixes it for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is your router assigning an IP address? I too have had this problem before, but have always managed to solve it in various ways. I don't want to be obvious, as you sound like you're a power user, etc. However, have you double checked your encryption settings and uninstalled and reinstalled your wireless NIC?

Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
that suxs. mine did that too.. i searched on the microsoft.com and founda littleinfo but i fixed mine by using the comp back up thing. under system the restore. and i just wont do any more updates. hope this helped.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.