Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I should say that, although I have been using computers for a number of years, I am finding that technological advances are taking plave faster than my brain can absord the changes! I therefore still call myself a beginner.
My currect position is that I live in France and have a Dell computer running Windows XP, coupled with a Cannon printer and Epson scanner. The computer is wired directly to a Segam Livebox and my internet provider is Orange France. Earlier this year I purchased a Toshiba wireless laptop runnig Windows 7 for my wife and this is linked to the same livebox via a dongle. I have just bought her a Canon wireless printer/scanner and, having run the set-up disc, it searches for a source and finds the livebox. It then asks for the key number, which I put in. It then comes back stating that the key number does not match the livebox. I have double-checked that I have read the key number correctly and that the livebox sourced is the correct one. Where am I going wrong?

·
Super Moderator
65,965 Posts
you may want to remove the wireless security on the Router and see if the printer connects OK

·
Registered
259 Posts
Do you have to select the encryption type? Make sure it is using the correct method to connect (WEP, WPA, WPA2).

Also, this is just a suggestion. Many people configure the wireless connectivity of a network printer, assuming that they have to go wireless in order to print from a wireless device, such as a laptop.

When possible, I will choose to use the wired network connection before I choose the wireless connection of a printer whenever possible. It does not lose any functionality -- even from a wireless connected laptop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.