Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a spare Pentium 200 sitting in my room, and i was wondering if it were possible to hook it up to a normal TV, by SCART perhaps?? Another monitor is kind of out of the question, partly because of space and also because of cash (hey, im a student).

Im not sure it is possible, but it would be nice if it were. My gfx card doesnt have a TV out, just the normal 15-pin (or wotever) monitor cable - its an S3 Trio64, if that makes any difference.

Cheers,
Stween.

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
You need a RFI adapter, they are about $15 from Best Buy. But the resolution would be pretty bad. You may be better off getting a used monitor. I have seen old 14 inch monitors and old 486 PC systems with a monitor for free or for very little money.

·
Account Disabled
1,240 Posts
You found an adapter for $15 that allows you to connect a standard computer video card to a television? Where did you see this for sale? Are you sure you're not thinking of the adapter used to connect a game console to a TV?

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
Max19,

As I suggested Best Buy, they were dumping lots of older adapters for cheap. It was a PC to TV RFI adapter. They even had PlayStation 2 adapters for cheap. I am not sure if every stores is doing so, I live in Washington D.C..

·
Account Disabled
1,240 Posts
You're right, Dan O, I see the store name in your post.

Those adapters don't connect to computer video cards, however. Those are adapters for game consoles. It simply doesn't make sense that a store would be selling a $200 adapter for $15. They're two different things.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.