Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright. I have been trying to connect my pc to tv. Connected a S-Video to RCA cables into a converter that runs a regular cable in my CRT tv. Usually there's a light that turns on like when the WII is on. Nada. It's a Philips Magnavox converter. Now when the NVIDIA graphic card control panel appears, there is only my regular monitor that shows up. Press the "Rigorous Display Detection" and check the box with "Force television detection on start up" and still nothing. Even tried another CRT tv with a direct RCA connection and that didn't go anywhere either. There's also the question of what channel since it seems AUX does not exist on either set. I have a GeForce 8600GT. Running XP with SP3. Pentium 4 with CPU of 3.20GHz and 1.50GB of RAM. I also have a few more gray hairs and look like this :eek: with a side order of :confused:. As you can tell, any help would be very much appreciated.

Tony

·
Registered
51,987 Posts
There won't be any "channel" for an RCA input. There has to be some other way of choosing that input.

If it's an AGP card, make sure that it didn't come loose from its slot during the manipulations. Try installing the latest NVidia driver if you don't already have it.

But there may be problems through a converter no matter what you do. Detection may fail simply because it doesn't work through a converter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.