Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Netgear connecting wired and wireless to internet. I want to use a BT home hub (same as Speedtouch 7g) as USB Print server. My printer is a Brother DCP 110C. My Netgear IP's are in the range 192.168.0.x but the home hub will only accept the printer on USB if IP is 192.168.1.253.
therefore, I want to get the home hub to connect to my netgear, but dont want to change the netgear IP's as I have 2 PC, laptop and xbox already conncting through it.
All I want to do is share the printer on the network (at present, it goes through 1X PC, but means that Pc has to be switched on).
the hub firmware is 6.2.6H
any help please?

·
Trusted Advisor
128,933 Posts
If the two existing PCs and the XBox are all set for DHCP, as most systems are, there is no reason you cannot change the router's subnet to 192.168.0.xxx. Just reboot the PCs and they should pick up the new IP address after making the changes on the router.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, have already tried that, but the Hub will only recognise USB if IP for USB is 192.168.1.253. this is why i need to connect hub on IP 192.168.1.x to main router on 192.168.0.x.

thanks anyway.

·
Trusted Advisor
128,933 Posts
Sorry, I meant change the main router's subnet to 192.168.1.xxx.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.