Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi freinds!
i want to make my deafalut e mail account in outlook \express as rediffmail.com. can u plz tell me how to enter the http in coming mail serevrer and outgoing sttp server entries.
i get struk up while doing this.
also tell me how to proceed in case of making yahoo as my default account.
thnaks for help
jack.

·
Super Moderator
37,537 Posts
Hiya

Okay. Go to Tools | Accounts. Click on Mail tab. Then Add, Mail.

Enter the name for your email that you want others to see you as. Then enter your email address that you have [email protected], for example.

Click Next. Now, in here you need to set up your Incomming and Outgoing server. You may have to go to the main site online to doublecheck the addresses, but I use blueyonder.co.uk. Therefore, mine are

pop3.blueyonder.co.uk
smtp.blueyonder.co.uk

Now, press next, then type in the user name that your ISP has given you, as well as your password. As this is your default, you may want to put the check in Remeber Password. Click Next and it should be set up.

If it dosen't look as mail[default] in the Mail tab then you can you make the mail your Default by clicking on it and pressing set As Default.

if you want yahoo as your default, you will have the two in the Mail tab and just choose the one you want to be Default by clicking as above.

You may need to login to actually find your SMTP and POP3 online.

Regards

eddie

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Before we try setting defaults, run through the connection wizard and tell me where you are having the problems at. You should be going to tools>accounts>add>mail.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.