Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

computer wont turn on

694 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  brianF 
#1 ·
Me and a buddy of mine, just got done building a pentium 4 from scratch. We were able to get it going and running fine. Then we decieded to install all the other goodies. We then started to have problems. This computer consist of 1.8 gig pentium 4, 40 gig hard drive, lg dvd/cdrw drive, creative cdrom, and a creative soundblaster audigy platinum, which is where we came up with problems. We have a 400 watt power supply. That is what I think the problem is, but want to be for sure. The problem in general is we try to turn it on, and it starts to turn on, but then it just shuts off, like a breaker was being hit, or the power was not being routed right. Talked to another buddy who said to erase the cmos, or it could be electrostatic discharge on the processor. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

#2 ·
Have you reseated the processor, make sure the processor fan is connected and starting. check for loose cables, cables reversed on the ide's. If that doesn't do it then try the following.

pull all the extras out except the cpu, memory, processor, floppy, vid card, and hard drive. Will if boot now, if not, remove the hard drive and use a boot disk, will it boot now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.