Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to get my HP Pavillion Slimline s3220 to work. I used the recovery disks and ran the process but the computer won't come up to the desktop. The message say "Your system has detected a configuration error. Please report this to customer care. etc." The unit is out of warrantee and I'm sure I'll be charged a fee. I tried doing the same procedure again and hoping that would help, but it won't. I am looking for help, but am no computer expert. Thank you.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I used the recovery disks and ran the process but the computer won't come up to the desktop. The message say "Your system has detected a configuration error.
What process did you run? Repair, recovery?

Have you changed any hardware since it was new?

·
Deceased
3,850 Posts
hi i had a look on hp site this is apparently a code purple no idea what that means and advice is contact hp,if you can tell RootbeaR the info he may have a suggestion

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
They may charge a small fee, but I got discs directly from HP for free after mine wouldn't work. They usually get them to you very fast as well. A day or two.

But first, did you change any hardware? That may make a difference for recovery or repair to work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't change any hardware. I hooked my digital camera to the computer, which I hadn't done before. This thing started to happen after I did the recent windows update.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.