Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Computer will not stay online

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  lunarlander 
#1 ·
Hello!
This is my first time here on the forums, and i have a question. Obviously.

I have a Dell 540s that i have had since 08 and it has never given me any real problems. Recently, however, it has started to blue screen and the message said something about how the bios will not work with the acpi. I forget exactly what it said. I ignored it for a while as it would only blue screen occasionally and i would rather play my games than try to fix it. lol. The problem has gotten worse and it is now to the point where i had to run startup repair because windows is failing to start. I tried the system restore option that it gave me during the repair and windows started, but soon after i got a blue screen that said PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. This blue screen was only available for precious seconds while i snapped a photo so i could actually see and comprehend what it said before it rebooted.

I booted from the cd and ran a memory test. I got to the third one down which is the WCMch Test and received a "memory compare error"

I then ran the full computer scan but nothing was wrong except i could not hear some of the audio it was playing.

Anyone have any idea as to what i can do to fix my computer? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.