Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some time on google looking for an answer to this problem, with no definite luck my figure it that some piece of software is pausing the shutdown.

I start my computer all is fine and good. I then try to shut my computer down.
Vista shuts down in about 20 seconds. This is how my computer normally works.

But if i get on the internet and am on for more than 15 minutes or so, the pages take a long time to load. When i try to restart Firefox, an error box comes up telling me that Firefox is already running.

I check task manager and it is, when i try to end the process nothing happens. In order to fix this problem i have to restart my computer. When i attempt to shutdown the computer the desktop just sits there for almost 5 minutes before windows decides to log off and shut down.

I have run avg 8, Norton, and Spybot S&D. In hopes of finding a bug somewhere but nothing has set off the security flags.

This has been happening for almost a month, two weeks ago i did a format and reinstalled all of the programs i had, thinking that it might be a virus of some kind. This still did not help.

I have also reinstalled Firefox multiple times and it has not helped.

Attached is a screen capture of my desktop. I have put icons of all the programs i use on there.

I run visa home premium, core 2 duo 2.0 ghz, 3 gigs ram, geforce 7600.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Problem turned out to be caused by Norton's Firefox toolbar, Maybe a memory leak or something. Norton told me they are aware of the problem and are trying very hard to find and implement a solution.

Until that time, I have uninstalled Norton 360 2.0 and am now using Zone Alarm Security Suite. Haven't decided whether I will go back to Norton; lately it has been nothing but disappointments from them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.