Tech Support Guy banner

Computer Slowed Down Suddenly

546 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  crjdriver 
A few thoughts;
The (now 16GB) of RAM is at 36% usage at idle
That is somewhat high for the system at idle. I run 16Gig of ram and my system is at 19% at idle AND this system really should have a clean install since it has been a while
2 There are other components that can overheat in addition to just a processor and video card. The southbridge can get hot, voltage regulators on the motherboard can get hot, etc
3 Have you done a clean install lately? If not, that would be one of the first things I would try since it costs nothing. On a fast system, it takes all of 10min or so to clean install win11, another hour to install drivers, etc and you are done. As a test, you can make an image of your system as it is now. Boot with a win10/11 install usb and clean install (deleting ALL partitions on the system drive) install windows, drivers, etc. If this improves your FPS, great. If not, it takes all of 5min to restore the image and you are right back where you were before you did the install

Here is a pick of my personal system at idle showing ram usage @19%

Attachments

The memory controller for all modern processors is part of the processor. Do you by chance have an old am4 processor you can install for testing?

You have a possible board or processor problem. The best way to narrow down the issue would be to swap parts. I did check the support page for your motherboard and there are bios updates that address memory issues/compatibility. If you are not running the latest bios, I would think about updating the motherboard bios.

FWIW I am no fan of msi motherboards and would suspect the board over the processor however it can be either one causing the memory problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.