Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i tried installing my new webcam to my laptop but then decided to uninstall it.
when i restart my computer. some error that says"error loading explorer.exe"
saying that i must install windows. i click ok and then another box comes out
"error searching the program:a required dll.file.msvcrt.dll was not found."
after i clicked ok i pressed crtl+alt+delete the only thing it shows is "mmtask"
so do you guys know what the problems is and what should i do about it?
please help me!thanks! -- benard

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
Can you boot the computer to Safe Mode?

(tap F8 five times per second during a restart; Choose option number three (3) in the Windows Startup dialog box using the arrow keys below the Delete key, and strike the Enter key; Click Ok when prompted).

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
What Operating System are you using? What brand of computer are you using? Did it come with Restore/Recover CDs if a HP, Compaq or Emachines?

Unfortunately, it sounds intially as though you'll have to reinstall Windows.

You could do a over-write install and possibly save your sensitive data if you had a Windows Upgrade Install CD that matches your operating system or higher version. You just put the apropriate upgrade CD in the [D] drive; A Win98 Startup disk in the [A] drive then reboot your computer choosing CD-ROM support when prompted; At the [A] prompt type, e:, and press Enter; At the [E] prompt type, setup, and press Enter and follow the on-screen instructions using the Tab and Enter keys where required.

For questions or concerns please reply back.

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
Probably just coincidence like in most cases, likely nothing you did caused this.

I'd just say that imho 90% of computing problems are due to users not having a firewall installed.

You need to be running a firewall like free Sygate from http://download.com - type, sygate, in the Search box, you must be on-line to register Sygate, that is if you're not using a firewalled Router on a Network or, have another third-party firewall like Sygate installed, to protect you and the Internet community from hackers, spammers and terrorist from using your computer for their own illicit needs while you're on-line?

I apologise for stating something you already know. Sorry you had problems.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Save yourself the headache next time and get a good back-up plan and use it. These things can happen, but they don't have to be devastating.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.