Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having a few problems with my computer lately. A couple days ago I put a PC Gamer demo CD into my DVD-rom and tried to install Far Cry, but it caused an error and I went to this weird blue screen (not the normal one). I went through a couple things and restarted a few times, and it finally started up after taking the CD out.

Now I've been getting these weird bugs. Firstly, whenever I log into an account on my computer (I'm using WIN XP) I can't log into any others after that. When I try to click on the user's name to log in, it acts as if it's getting ready to login then it returns to the login screen. Weird.

Next, whenever there's an error (such as when a window isn't responding and I press it's taskbar button multiple times) there is a loud beep noise that comes out of the actual hardware of my computer. I hate it.

I can't use MSN. I reintalled it and it still doesn't quite work...I sign in, and it shows my buddy list and everything but I can't actually click on anything (it's as if the program is frozen). It does this every time and after a few minutes it automatically signs me out.

Then with my playlist program called Foobar, I can't play music because of this tagging system I use. It retrieves the "name tags" of each song from the internet each time I play it, but for some reason it can't do that anymore. Yet, evidently, my internet itself works fine.

So, as you can see I have a lot of problems. It sucks, and I really want to make it all better but unfortunately I don't know much about this kind of stuff. My friends have suggested a reformat or system reinstall, but I'm not sure if I'd like to do that unless it was absolutely necessary.

So, if any of you could take the time to think about my problem and provide feedback, that would be wonderful.

Thanks,

Steve

EDIT: Actually, after doing some stuff on my system I have found out that my 'sound hardware' isn't being recognized anymore. This sucks.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Have you tried a System Restore, select a date before you installed the game? To access System Restore select Start, Control Panel, Perfromance and Mantenance, and it should be listed on the left.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have a system restore from anytime recently (I'm talking last summer). It won't delete any of my files, will it? What things change in a system restore?

Also, how do I startup in safe mode?

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
A System Restore restores the Windows setting it will not remove any data or applications. But applications may have to be reinstalled to re-setup them.

To enter Safe Mode Depress the F8 key after the hardware is listed during the boot up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.