Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built my computer about 5 months ago everything worked fine and I quit using it for about a month ago and I had problems when I turned it on like it would turn on and off constantly so I replaced the psu and I got a gpu cause I got a deal on it but now the computer turns on right away when the switch on the power supply is turned and the power button on the case only turns the fan off and not the mother board and also doesn’t show anything on the screen I also tested the ram to see if they died but they were not the problem

·
Super Moderator
74,177 Posts
Hi Merktwisted, and welcome to TSG.

How about giving us manufacturer's names and full model numbers for ALL of the items you mention in your post.

How did you test the RAM modules to know they were not the problem?

Have you tried operation with the new PSU but without the new GPU?

I may not be able to come up with a solution, but the above information could help someone else here to help you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a i5 7500 and msi b250 Krait gaming motherboard just got a evga 55pw gold g3 and a asus strix gtx 1070 and I tried taking the ram sticks out and putting them in different spots and only using one at a time

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Font Line Parallel Slope Rectangle
Font Line Parallel Slope Rectangle

Are you sure you have the right wires from your case attached to the right pins on the mother board?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.