Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My other computer is geeting two different error windows that when I click on them it just loops back to them and I can not get to my desktop to use my computer. Need help on how I can unlock these loops so I can get to my desktop.

Here are the two pop messages I get:

1) CPUSA.exe - Error message reads: "Can not find the file CPUSAVE.EXE (or one of its components". Make sure the path an file name are correct and that all required libraries are available"

2) EXPLORER - Error reads: "This program performend an Illegal operation. If the problem percist, contact program vendor.

Any help/direction is appreciated. Thanks, Scott L

·
Administrator
123,536 Posts
CPUSAVE.EXE is a virus. Please post a Hijack This log.

Please do this. Click http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloadget.php?id=3155&file=3&evp=3304750663b552982a8baee6434cfc13 to download Hijack This. Save it to it’s own folder (not temporary files). Click on the Hijackthis.exe.

Close all open windows and open HijackThis. Click “Scan”. When the scan is finished (it only takes a second), the scan button will change to “Save Log”. Click on “Save Log” and save it to NotePad. Copy the entire log and paste it here.

DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET, most items that appear in the log are harmless or even needed. Wait for someone to analyze the scan and advise.

Cookie

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem is that I can not get past the pop up error message to get to my desktop that then would allow me to run the scan.
How can I get past these pop up error message that I mention in my first message??

·
Administrator
123,536 Posts
What anti-virus software are you using?

Have you tried booting into safe mode and doing a virus scan from there?

My thinking is, if you can get rid of enough of the virus' components, you may be able to get back to your desktop so that you could download some programs like Ad-Aware, Spybot Search and Destroy and Hijack This.

I'm not 100% sure what to do about this and I was hoping that someone else would jump in here that knows more.

Let's try the above to start with and take it from there.

Cookie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.