Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having a problem with the computer freezing up since i downloaded incredimail. I thought i deleted it all out, and i defragged twice and deleted where i did see it, but i am getting a message which states: Critical error has occured. IncrediMail can not continue this session. I know it is still in there and how do i get rid of it? This is an old Gateway. Help!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've gone in thru the Start menu to Install/Uninstall to remove the program "IncrediMail Xe" and all it's related data. Upon clicking the radio dial to "Uninstall IncrediMail" it states "Are you sure you want to Uninstall IncrediMail?" When I click Yes it promptly states "You need to have admininstator or Power User privileges in order to uninstall IncrediMail. For assistance, contact your system administrator." This is all the further I've gotten with this matter.

We do not currently have any specific users nor administrators set up on this PC. We do not need to enter any user Ids or passwords in order to log on or anything like that.

When the desktop appears, there is an automatic window that pops up that states: "Critical Error occured. IncrediMail can not continue to this session."

I'm also wondering if there is a Windows Task Manager for Windows 98 which shows cpu's being used and which applications are utilizing the MOST cpu's.

Thank You.

·
Trusted Advisor
85,517 Posts
Do the following:

1. Open the C:\PROGRAM FILES folder, then delete the entire INCREDIMAIL folder.

2. Click Start - Run, type in REGEDIT, then click OK. When the registry window opens, click the + in

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
Software

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Software

Scroll down the "Software" sub-menu in both keys and look for an INCREDIMAIL folder. Right-click directly on that folder, then click Delete - Yes. Close the registry editor.

3. Click Start - Run, type in MSCONFIG, then click OK - "Startup" tab. Remove the checkmark from any entries that pertain to INCREDIMAIL. Click Apply - OK, then restart your computer.

Did doing the above steps solve the problem?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You said it's an old Gateway computer, but you didn't say what model name and model number it is. I question whether the processor speed and amount of RAM can handle some of the graphically-extensive and memory-hungry programs that you're trying to run in it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much flav for the help, it worked! I believe you are right I am trying to make this computer do more then it can handle! After i upgrade my car, then i can upgrade my computer! Once again, tech support guy has come through....you are the best! runninggal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.