Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a problem with Pinnacle Studio not reading the disc writer, in another forum someone said they had this problem also and that if you use pinnacle and Nero 6 this could happen. Suggestion was to uninstall both and re-install Pinnacle and Nero 5 and it worked with finding the dvd burner but now neither the cd or dvd drives will read a disc. If I put in a program disc or a audio disc they don't seem to read it. If I go into "my computer" it shows the drives are there but not that there is a disc in it. I tried going to "start" and "run" to start a program installation but it isn't showing a disc in the drive either. Anyone have any idea on how to fix this? I tried to "restore" to an earlier date but even the restore wouldn't work with me, I tried about 5 different restore points but it kept telling me that my computer couldn't be restored to that point (or something to that effect). If I put in a blank disc Nero will pop up with "what do I want to do" so it has to be reading that there is a disc in the drive just not reading the disc if there is a program or music/video on them.
Help? someone?
Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I found another cure for the problems I'm having, take a hammer, smash the computer and buy a new one.... then don't try to do anything but email and read articles, that's what my sister does with hers and she says she has no problems. Sorry, just a bit aggravated at this point with this thing.
Would doing a repair to windows help or would this wipe everything off the computer like formatting?

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
if restore fails...then you need to turn it off...reboot and re enable it and then create a new restore point...
if 1 restore point is bad..they all are bad because they are linked...thats why you should get rid of them and start fresh..

can other computers read the disk your trying to read..can your drive read factory disks...like music CD's
if you have a xp windows disk ...set the computer to boot to the cd drive first and reboot...is it trying to load windows...you can cancel the installation...or use the repair option...let us know what exactly you have tried and any error message you get..you can also look in the event viewer for any errors (red or yellow)...
give me a complete list of the spec's of you system....

oh...by the way...you will need administrative rights before windows will let you take a hammer to it....:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.