Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Y'all

The computer was hooked up to high speed for a while, via an external modem, but now I have to use dial-up again. Problem is Windows 98 doesnt recognize the internal modem (conexant HPC) that was working before. I've deleted all traces of the modem from computer as best as I can and reinstalled it with a new driver I downloaded (I dont have the disc). The modem shows up in the device manager and under the modem option in the control panel but when I try to dial my ISP it get a message telling me to make sure my modem is plugged in or it asks me if I want to install a new modem. I've physically taken the modem out of the computer, shut down, rebooted, shut down, reinstalled it and still no luck. Is the modem kaput? Is there maybe a BIOS issue? A port settings issue? Help!

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Go thru Control Panel/Phones and Modems. Run the Diagnostic "Query Modem" and see if the system can communicate with it.

If not then there is a physical OR setup problem with the card. You might also try moving the card to different slots.

Dial Modems are generally a PITA!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.