Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
My PC has been acting up lately, all of a sudden.
First It didn't load up; it would just keep restarting everytime i turn it on.
I ran mtest, then tried system restore, and HP system restore which led to getting this error message:

Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen then restart your computer. If this screen appears again then follow these steps.

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properlly installed. If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need
if the problem continues disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as cacheing and shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to disable or remove components then restart your computer and press F8 and select advance options then safe mode.

Technical Information.

***stop: 0x0000007a (0xC03E14B8, 0xC000000E, 0xF852E384, 0x0F300860)

atopi.sys address F852E384 base at F8521000 Date stamp 41107B4D

Begining dump of physical memory.

Then after trying to start couple times, now I get an error message when I turn it on
"The system is not fully installed. Please run setup again. "
And it restarts.

My PC is running Win XP home edition, with an intel Pentium 4 processor with HT, 1 GB of ram.

Any advice on what to do ? By the way, I can't get windows to start up so any programs that require windows I can't run or access.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I can't boot in any modes, tried last known configuration as well didn't work.
Not sure what you mean by reinstall the computer ... can you clarify :) ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I downloaded win xp and I tried to burn it to reinstall windows, don't think I am doing it right because nothing happens when I start windows, just a black screen with a blinking cursor.
Any help on how to burn the CD so that I can reinstall windows ? I attached a picture of the contents of the folder. Thanks guys

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I used system recover and it did do me any good. Now when I start windows, I get to the black page with the Windows Home Edition logo then I get an error message "The system is not full installed. Please run setup again"
Is there a way I can access system repair despite that ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I downloaded win xp and I tried to burn it to reinstall windows, don't think I am doing it right because nothing happens when I start windows, just a black screen with a blinking cursor.
Any help on how to burn the CD so that I can reinstall windows ? I attached a picture of the contents of the folder. Thanks guys
any advice on how to burn a win xp cd to reinstall windows guys ?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Im going to assume your downloaded version of Windows is on the PC you cannot boot up?
If so then you technically have almost no way of burning this to CD, unless you disconnect your hard drive and connect it to another pc in order to take the files off needed to burn to cd.

Advice would be re-download the OS from another PC and burn as an image onto cd then boot your pc from the cd. as mentioned above in changing boot order.

Or go out and buy a new OS and follow same procedure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I downloaded win xp on my laptop, i dunno how to burn the cd so that windows would prompt me to start the reinstallation process. i burned the cd by dragging the cd contents and burning a data cd.
i attached the contents of the folder i downloaded.
anyhelp on how to burn the cd so it would let me install win xp again ?

Attachments

·
Registered
607 Posts
Most burning software allows you to create Image disks/boot disks.
I myself use Starburn
great program and it was free.

you just need to make sure when burning the disk to tell the program your using to create a boot/image disk, so that your computer recognises this as a bootable disk and not just as a data disk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.