Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a HP 522N and for some reason the computer is not turning on. when i plug in the power plug the green light lits on in the back, and then i push the on button in the front the button turns orange (isnt' it suppose to be green?) and the fan starts but the computer is not on, i can not see anything on the monitor. what's happening?

·
Banned
11,097 Posts
No the light on the front panel....one is power and one should be you Hard drive activity...

Have you tried restarting your PC and immediately on startup tapping F8 about every second and does that bring a black option screen up or not?

·
Banned
11,097 Posts
Check the power supply cables and plug it into another plug socket....also check if there is a switch on the back that it is switched to the correct voltage if there is one.

How old is the power supply?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It last worked around Thanksgiving time, and I thought it was the power supply cord thats doing that, so I went to buy a new one, and it isn't the cord, so now i dont know what's the problem.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.